IG L1/S 100 Cavity Wall Lintel
Availability - Generally available in 2-3 working days. This product will normally be delivered by courier. It is available for delivery anywhere in the UK.
The IG L1/S 100 is a standard duty lintel for cavity walls of between 90 and 105mm.
Manufactured from high quality grade galvanised steel to BS EN 10346:2009 DX51D standard plus Z600.
Steel Lintels Installation Guide
- Steel Lintels should be installed with a minimum end bearing of 150mm, bedded on mortar and levelled along its length and across its width.
- The masonry above the lintel should be built in accordance with BS EN 1996-2:2006.
- Raise the inner and outer leaves simultaneously to avoid excessive eccentricity of loading, with a maximum height difference of 225mm (Masonry should be laid on a mortar bed and all perpendicular joints should be filled.)
- Allow the mortar to cure before applying floor or roof loads (Temporary propping beneath a steel lintel is practised to facilitate speed of construction).
- The NHBC recommend a damp proof course (DPC) or cavity tray should be installed over all openings in external cavity walls.
- When installing concrete floor units or other heavy components above a lintel, care should be taken to avoid shock loading and floor units should not be dragged into position. Masonry immediately above the lintel should be allowed to cure.
- Point loads should not be applied directly onto lintel flanges. Steel Lintels should have a minimum of masonry 150mm high between the flange and the application level of any form of loading. Consult IG’s technical department if applying a point load above lintels.
- The external lintel flange must project beyond the window/door frame and it is recommended that a flexible sealing compound is used between the underside of the lintel flange and the frame.
- When the underside of a lintel is exposed, its appearance can be enhanced by the addition of lintel soffit cladding.
- Do not cut lintels to length or modify them in any way without consulting an IG engineer.